Thursday, June 23, 2011

Cake Vodka?!

Considering this is the second post in a row with reference to cake, I bet you can guess what part of wedding planning I'm looking forward to the most!

Anywho, I had the fabulous opportunity to take a meeting with Pinnacle Vodka for work and taste some of their tasty new concoctions! Most people that have heard of them know their Whipped Cream vodka, which is nice and all. But the little sister to the Whipped Cream vodka is CAKE vodka. Totally amazing, totally lovely! Not many bars around Buffalo carry the Cake variety (save for Average Joe's and Snooty Fox) but you can certainly pick up a bottle at Premier or your favorite liquor store.

What to do with such a lovely vodka? Pinnacle's site has a lot of recipes, but my personal favorite is the Pineapple Upside-Down Cake. Maybe it has something to do with this being among my favorite cakes in real life.


Pineapple Upside-down Cake
2 oz. Pinnacle Cake
4 oz. club soda
Splash pineapple juice

Mix in a glass filled with ice and garnish with a cherry


3 comments:

  1. Oh. My. God.

    Pretty sure this is what heaven will look like, if I make it there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is on the list for Cocktails and Crafts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So in the world of alcohol, I'd be the whipped cream vodka and you are the cake vodka!

    ReplyDelete