Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Remain Resolute.

We are always looking to get better…do better…have better…give better…  And we often lament that we aren’t able to reach that spot of “better.”  Like everyone else, I want to be better.  But what is “better?” 

I want to be a better sister.  Better friend.  Better daughter.  Better community member.  I want to be a better fiancé (wife?).

January resolutions are a cliché that I enjoy taking part in.  I love the culturally acceptable opportunity to step back and evaluate where I am at and define “better” for myself.  Last year I created an enormous to-do list resolution list.  I had aspirations of reading more and reconnecting with ballet.  I knew that I needed to get healthy (not necessarily lose weight) and improve my personal relationships. 

This January is not much different, except for two things – I’m going to be running my first Marathon in May and I’ll be getting married in July.  Since I’ve set some lofty goals for myself – running for roughly five hours straight and getting photographed for nearly 24 straight hours – I need to get it together. 

So I resolve for 2012 to reach my goals of finishing my first marathon and feeling comfortably beautiful for my wedding day.  During all of this, I resolve to blog here for your enjoyment to keep me honest and provide me an opportunity to look back at my progress towards “better.”


It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.
-- Theodore Roosevelt

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say...I still remember your ballet act from Middle School and it was awesome! I love ballet. Good luck with ur marathon and your wedding will be perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You never take a bad picture and YOU motivate me to exercise.

    ReplyDelete